This makes me proud
Jan. 15th, 2009 05:06 pmI know that this is "bad news." But I can't help but feel good about it. This is how it's supposed to work.
The pilot kept his head and did everything right. The flight attendants got everyone on rafts. Rescue crews arrived within minutes. Everyone survived.
I call that a win.
The pilot kept his head and did everything right. The flight attendants got everyone on rafts. Rescue crews arrived within minutes. Everyone survived.
I call that a win.
no subject
Date: 2009-01-15 10:10 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-01-15 10:18 pm (UTC)Maybe I'll pay closer attention now on flights.
no subject
Date: 2009-01-15 10:18 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-01-15 10:24 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-01-15 10:29 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-01-15 11:06 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-01-15 11:34 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-01-16 12:35 am (UTC)Catherine
no subject
Date: 2009-01-16 01:02 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-01-16 02:03 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-01-16 02:15 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-01-16 02:19 am (UTC)This was definitely a Win.
no subject
Date: 2009-01-16 04:28 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-01-16 04:38 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-01-16 04:39 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-01-16 05:23 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-01-16 06:09 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-01-16 04:23 pm (UTC)I love, also, that the local tugs and ferries immediately headed out to pick people up, and were sensible about how they did it. For the last 7+ years, we've see a lot of evidence that 9/11 changed NY's approach to crisis. People stay calm and decisive. Things that could turn into horror shows don't.
Having observed several water-crashes in my lifetime as a Queens resident (LaGuardia has short runways, over water, and every ten or fifteen years a plane goes into the drink), it's doubly obvious to me how much better handled this was than similar, earlier accidents.