Open letter to the American media:
Stop treating the Vice Presidency of the
Stop saying that Palin won by not losing. She did not. She lost, and she lost badly. Polls of independent voters prove it. You do not need to spin this in favor of the GOP just to avoid their incessant tantrums about media bias.
Stop saying that the GOP ticket passed a test. Indeed, it utterly failed to show that it is capable of anything but broken record repetition.
In short, grow a pair.
Open letter to all American girls and young women:
If you watched last night’s vice presidential debate, you may have come away with the impression that in order to be a successful and powerful woman in the
This could not be further from the truth. If Sarah Palin becomes Vice President, she will be powerless. She will be an international laughingstock. No one who matters will take her seriously.
But you…YOU could be different. If you become Vice President—or even President—someday, you could be powerful and effective. You could change the world. You are BETTER than Sarah Palin, not because of the size of the town you live in or because of how many degrees you may earn. You are better than her because you are curious about the people around you. You want to understand how things work. You are a lifelong learner. You probably have Facebook and myspace friends from all over the world, and you recognize that in today’s high-speed age, every country in the world is our neighbor and every country’s prosperity is inextricably linked to our own.
Sarah Palin is a fad at best. At worst, she is the 4th quarter hail Mary of an angry, broken man so desperate for validation that he will destroy an entire country to get it.
Please look elsewhere for your role models. You deserve so much better.
Love and hope,
So, here we go. I'll try to leave out the F-word.
Just this f-word-ing summer the Supreme Court ruled in District of Columbia v. Heller that gun ownership is an individual right rather than a collective right and that the Constitution protects the rights of citizens to keep guns for private use. It is a huge victory for gun enthusiasts.
It was the first time the Court has ruled on the issue since the f-word-ing 1930's.
The f-word-ing governor of f-word-ing Alaska really should know about something like that. Srsly.
5) I competed in a state beauty pageant TWICE.
4) I know about national security because there was this one time I was looking out the front window and immigration officials arrested all the Mexicans working for our landscaper and shipped them back to
3) I have foreign policy experience because there was this one time I led a trade delegation to
2) When I was a kid, I totally won a not-blinking contest with my little brother. I didn’t blink for, like, 30 seconds.
1) Back when I lived in the
1) McCain stands with her the whole time. Like, right next to her. You can almost see the leash.
2) PLEASE tell me she did not just say "nucilar."
3) She still has pageant hair. (Trust me, I'm speaking as one who knows.)